Wednesday 15 February 2012

Meaningful Marketing

Reviewing old post about the topic, I found the concept of "meaningful marketing" mostly tied up to responsible marketing, as in responsible and truthful advertising, but this concept was used a few years back. I believe that with the advent of new technology, marketing tools and tactics are becoming obsolete by the minute. Case point, a few days back, I launched the new Meaningful Marketing website, I asked my son to review it. Silly me, I though he will use a device with a screen measuring more than three inches wide, but no, he used his BlackBerry.....hmmmmmm....which left me thinking that in the very near future -as in, people, it is already happening!!!- as phones take over more and more functions from computers and laptops, website pages might be reduced only to a few small paragraphs, or maybe to a few words, how about no words and just a voice message a video? From now on, anything is possible.

Hence, it has become crucial for any business, big or small, product or service oriented, to really understand its product, its market, its sales potentials and its true marketing needs, because now more than ever, one size does not fit all. In this context, meaningful marketing seeks to really understand and work with the client and its customers, and use the tools applicable to their particular situation. Sometimes printed materials will be required, sometimes training material will be required, sometimes the entire sales and marketing campaign might take place online, or using any combination thereafter.

Meaningful Marketing is a concept I am developing and I will be posting more examples and ideas in this blog and I hope to see your comments and ideas very soon.

My first rule of marketing is: Think before you act!

No comments:

Post a Comment